Sunday 25 July 2010

Photographic Panoramas - Day 2

Today was all about capturing and processing spherical images and the different means of outputting them. We were shown how to stitch images in PT Gui and then fine-tune them in Photoshop.

This was taken at Somerset House using a camera and fish eye lens supplied by City Lit:

I like this image though there is some obvious lens distortion. I tried to correct this in PT Gui by adjusting the horizon, and I tried straightening by using the warp tool in Photoshop. I have not used either of these methods before, and clearly it still needs some work.

This is the same image represented as a 'little planet':

I like this, but I'm not sure that I would want to produce too many of these. The entire image is distorted so the effect of lens distortion 'disappears'.

No comments:

Post a Comment