Friday 2 July 2010

Light Through the Day - Video

Brief:
You are going to take a very detailed look at what happens to a view as the sun moves. You are going to photograph one scene from dawn to dusk.


This is a rough and ready attempt at time-lapse photography using 37 exposures taken today between 04:00 and 22:00. I set up the interval timer on my camera to take one picture every half hour and then turned them into a slideshow in Quicktime.
This is part of the view from my bedroom window. Not very interesting admittedly, but at least I didn't have to stand guard over the camera all day, which is what I would have to have done to complete this exercise outdoors.

Some of the changes in light are surprising. Tomorrow, I will post and analyse some of the images from the sequence as per the OCA course materials, but I thought it would be interesting to have an overview of all of the changes taking place from dawn to dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment