Saturday 9 January 2010

Too much snow!

I haven't been able to get out and take pictures because of the persistent snow we've had. The pavements and side roads are like sheet ice and the sky is incredibly dull. However, I decided to try and get some shots 'indoors' today. I went to Canary Wharf Station to try and re-create a shot in infrared that I'd shot in colour in 2008, but I got the exposure all wrong, so I'll have to go back and reshoot it.
I got the DLR to Greenwich and took IR pictures of the chapel using my fish-eye lens. This is another image that I'd previously captured in colour during 2008, but the windows were blown out. On this occasion, I bracketed 3 shots and produced a HDR image in Photomatix Pro, with a little fine-tuning in Photoshop. This is what I ended up with:


On the way home, I stopped off in Blackheath to take this shot:


I added a filter called 'Midnight' from Nik's Color Efex, to try and make the clouds look even more dramatic than they actually were.

No comments:

Post a Comment