Thursday 30 September 2010

London Marathon 2011

The postman has just delivered the magazine and acceptance letter confirming that I have a place in the London Marathon 2011!

I have failed to get a place via the ballot for the last four years, so I'm particularly pleased.

I ran the London Marathon in 2008 for WRVS simply because they needed a runner and I was keen having just been turned down for a place. However, it's not a charity that I would have chosen to run for as I have no connection with them whatsoever, and they set me a ridiculous fund raising target, but I was happy to participate nonetheless.

This time around, I have chosen to run for The Sickle Cell Society. This charity is closer to my heart as I have friends and family who have been affected by sickle cell.

This will be my sixth marathon and I have been thinking of ways to document my progress. I'm currently toying with the idea of a video diary supplemented with photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment