Wednesday 12 May 2010

Background Reading



This book covers alot more than many of the other books that I have read on composition. As expected, it has sections on the golden ratio, frames within frames, and perspective, etc. But it also discusses how to incorporate blur, bokeh, narration and abstraction into an image for creative effect.
I found the section on rhythm particularly useful since I wasn't totally clear on how to show this in an image as a separate entity from pattern - I have to do this for the OCA assignment that I'm currently working on.

This is what the author says:
"Rhythm generally refers to a composition with a pattern that gives the viewer a sense of motion."

This has been very helpful. My understanding is that, while it is possible to show pattern in isolation (perhaps as an abstract), it is not possible to show rhythm without some form of pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment