Saturday 21 November 2009

Manchester Weekender - Part 1

I'm in Manchester for a salsa festival and spent the morning in Manchester Art Gallery. I bought 3 books:

The Photography Book
This showcases the work of 500 photographers and gives a precis of some of their most iconic work.




Colour in Art by John Cage
This discusses the impact of colour in art and various themes from an artist's perspective.




Surrealist Art by Sarane Alexandrian
This looks at the development of the genre and discusses the work of various artists.




What have I learned?
I wasn't really interested in paintings before, but I now see less distinction between paintings and photography. The same basic principles apply - composition, colour and balance etc.
I think infrared may be a form of surrealism and I would like to explore this further by reading and experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment